I finished planting my garden today (with my dear hubby's help)!!! YEAH!!!
My green beans and cucumbers are planted (I already have 2 hills of cucumbers growing).
My sunflowers are coming up around my deck!!!
I am SOOOO excited. Just think, in 50 -52 days I will have tomatoes, cucumbers, green beans and peppers to eat fresh from my garden! YEAH!!! I get antsy just thinking about it! I feel so blessed! God is sooo good!
What did I plant?
- cherry tomatoes (10 plants)
- Big Boy slicing tomatoes (7 plants...it was supposed to be a six pack, but one of the slots had two plants so I separated them)
- Burpless cucumber (2 hills, Tasty Green Hybrid)
- Pickling cucumber (2 hills, Burpee Pickler)
- Green beans (1 row, Burpee's Stringless Green Pod--bush type)
- Green beans (1 row, Brittle wax--yellow bean--bush type)
- 1 row of green & yellow beans that I mixed
- Sunflowers (Mammoth--Gigasol Gigante) These sunflowers are actually supposed to get 12 feet tall ( not six feet).
All that is left to do now is to put newspapers and grass clippings around the green bean rows and cucumber hills and I will have a weed free garden this year!!! Yeah!!! I will try to post pictures once things are growing nicely and near maturity!
Blessings to you all!