Welcome and Blessings!

Thank you so much for stopping by! I have named this blog "Running to the Cross" because that is what I often find myself doing...running to be with my Lord Jesus! I often cover many aspects of life on my blog, as it is my journal. I used to write things down in all sorts of notebooks, but my writings would soon be lost. So I decided that it was time to start a blog and share my thoughts and ideas with others. Many topics you will find here are prayers, homemaking and organization, children and pregnancy, funny stories, and the challenges of parenting and motherhood. If you enjoy my blog and leave me a comment, you are likely to have me visit! I love meeting others and gleaning from the lives of others. May you be blessed! Your friend in Christ, Heather

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Update!!!

I finished planting my garden today (with my dear hubby's help)!!! YEAH!!!

My green beans and cucumbers are planted (I already have 2 hills of cucumbers growing).

My sunflowers are coming up around my deck!!!

I am SOOOO excited. Just think, in 50 -52 days I will have tomatoes, cucumbers, green beans and peppers to eat fresh from my garden! YEAH!!! I get antsy just thinking about it! I feel so blessed! God is sooo good!

What did I plant?

  • cherry tomatoes (10 plants)
  • Big Boy slicing tomatoes (7 plants...it was supposed to be a six pack, but one of the slots had two plants so I separated them)
  • Burpless cucumber (2 hills, Tasty Green Hybrid)
  • Pickling cucumber (2 hills, Burpee Pickler)
  • Green beans (1 row, Burpee's Stringless Green Pod--bush type)
  • Green beans (1 row, Brittle wax--yellow bean--bush type)
  • 1 row of green & yellow beans that I mixed
  • Sunflowers (Mammoth--Gigasol Gigante) These sunflowers are actually supposed to get 12 feet tall ( not six feet).
I have never grown sunflowers before (except as a child), and I am very anxious to see them grow tall!

All that is left to do now is to put newspapers and grass clippings around the green bean rows and cucumber hills and I will have a weed free garden this year!!! Yeah!!! I will try to post pictures once things are growing nicely and near maturity!

Blessings to you all!
Heather

1 comment:

Disney for Boys said...

This is wonderful, I cant wait to "see" the fruits of your labor!