Welcome and Blessings!

Thank you so much for stopping by! I have named this blog "Running to the Cross" because that is what I often find myself doing...running to be with my Lord Jesus! I often cover many aspects of life on my blog, as it is my journal. I used to write things down in all sorts of notebooks, but my writings would soon be lost. So I decided that it was time to start a blog and share my thoughts and ideas with others. Many topics you will find here are prayers, homemaking and organization, children and pregnancy, funny stories, and the challenges of parenting and motherhood. If you enjoy my blog and leave me a comment, you are likely to have me visit! I love meeting others and gleaning from the lives of others. May you be blessed! Your friend in Christ, Heather

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Several Things You Can Do in Five Minutes

  1. Wash a load of diapers.
  2. Wash plates from last meal.
  3. Fold blankets in living room.
  4. Bring down dirty clothes from upstairs bathroom.
  5. Bring down dirty clothes from children’s bedrooms.
  6. Start a load of laundry in washer and put washed laundry in dryer.
  7. Sort one load of laundry for next wash load.
  8. Put away dishes in dish drainer.
  9. Change a wet diaper.
  10. Strip sheets from one of the beds to be washed.
  11. Clean off high chair.
  12. Wash pots and pans.
  13. Fold a load of clean laundry.
  14. Put away a load of folded laundry.
  15. Wash mirrors in bathrooms.
  16. Wipe off kitchen table.
  17. Quickly dust living room furniture.
  18. Put away unnecessary things on the piano.
  19. Make wet wipes.
  20. Put away unnecessary things on the entertainment center.
  21. Pick up toys in the living room.
  22. Pick up toys in the girl’s and boy’s rooms.
  23. Clean off one kitchen countertop.
  24. Put away spices on kitchen counter.
  25. Pick toys up off of the kitchen floor.
  26. Pick up shoes and put away.
  27. Start a batch of bread.
  28. Lay out frozen food for supper.
  29. Straighten sewing table.
  30. Take out trash.
  31. Pick up trash off floors in one room and throw away.
  32. Swish toilets in both bathrooms.
  33. Wipe counters in one of the bathrooms.
  34. Write down a weekly menu on calendar.
Many things can be done in five minutes, these are just a few. Not everything gets done everyday. But here's a start. These things can be done between homeschooling subjects and to make them go faster involve your children. Not only do you feel like you accomplished something, but you are teaching your children that if you break things down, the task doesn't seem quite so overwhelming.


Trust me, if you struggle with home organization & time management, I'm right there with you. These are my struggles as well. I've created this blog to try and motivate myself organizationally, as well as to let others know they are not alone.

Have a fantabulous day!!! And don't forget to SMILE!!!

3 comments:

Chelsie said...

Thanks for the list! It is always helpful to break things down into little portions, isn't it? I may print this list off for my binder. ;)

God bless!
~Chelsie

runningtothecross said...

I got the idea from flylady! She was my inspiration for a while, before I knew about all the blog sites I could visit. I just sat down one day and began typing. Although, I need to use the list more often myself. My blog is more of a journal to myself to get things back in order, the way Christ would want me to have it!

Blessings right back at you!
Heather

Disney for Boys said...

I know this is my 3rd comment today but I have to tell you, I loooove your blog!!! I love this list and the post above this one. What a blessing that you left me a comment and allowed me to find this treasure! You have a wonderful blog here and so much to share... Thank you!!!

Blessings,
Tiany