Welcome and Blessings!

Thank you so much for stopping by! I have named this blog "Running to the Cross" because that is what I often find myself doing...running to be with my Lord Jesus! I often cover many aspects of life on my blog, as it is my journal. I used to write things down in all sorts of notebooks, but my writings would soon be lost. So I decided that it was time to start a blog and share my thoughts and ideas with others. Many topics you will find here are prayers, homemaking and organization, children and pregnancy, funny stories, and the challenges of parenting and motherhood. If you enjoy my blog and leave me a comment, you are likely to have me visit! I love meeting others and gleaning from the lives of others. May you be blessed! Your friend in Christ, Heather

Monday, February 12, 2007

Our Precious Children...

This is a poem that I wrote for my cousin's first babies (twin girls) that tells a tale of how it really is with new babies..

Nothing is more precious...
than your babies first smile,
their first laugh,
their first coo,
And don't forget...
their first kisses,
(They try to eat your face!)
And when they get teeth,...
their first bite!
(OUCH! right on your arm,
in the middle of church!)
When they say Mama and Dadda,...
your heart sings with joy!

Cherish these moments,...
because they grow up too fast!
Ask anyone who's been there,
they'll tell you the same.

Oh, and something else...
When they realize that
the diapers have velcro,
and the jammies have zippers,
and they are stinky...
What happens, you say?
Well, they unzip their jammies,
& unvelcro their diapers...
And WHOA!!!
What a stinky, rotten MESS!
(All over their brand new crib!)
Straight to the bathtub with you!!!

Enjoy these precious moments,
take loads of pictures,
and enjoy the rollar coaster
of PARENTHOOD!!!

Children are a blessing from the LORD.
They are our gifts from God.
Kiss your babies,
Hug your babies,
Cherish every moment,
for in the blink of an eye,
they will be too big for your lap!

Have a Blessed week in Our LORD!
Heather

2 comments:

Chelsie said...

Very sweet. And oh, so true! (Sounds like you have experienced the "diaper discovery" messes too. Lol.)

~Chelsie

runningtothecross said...

I don't know how many times I got up in the morning to these messes. I think it happened at least once or twice with my first four children. After that, I took a different avenue. Before the zippy jammies went on, I put shorts or bloomers on, that solved the problem even if they undressed.

Although it can be quite discouraging when you are in the midst of it, as I think back now, I find it hilarious!

I still run into this problem from time to time when my 20mo daughter wakes up with a very full & leaking diaper! And, yes, you guessed it, straight to the bathtub with her!

Thanks for visiting!
Heather