Welcome and Blessings!

Thank you so much for stopping by! I have named this blog "Running to the Cross" because that is what I often find myself doing...running to be with my Lord Jesus! I often cover many aspects of life on my blog, as it is my journal. I used to write things down in all sorts of notebooks, but my writings would soon be lost. So I decided that it was time to start a blog and share my thoughts and ideas with others. Many topics you will find here are prayers, homemaking and organization, children and pregnancy, funny stories, and the challenges of parenting and motherhood. If you enjoy my blog and leave me a comment, you are likely to have me visit! I love meeting others and gleaning from the lives of others. May you be blessed! Your friend in Christ, Heather

Friday, February 16, 2007

Encouragement from the Proverbs

  1. Be considerate of how you speak to those you love.
    “A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.”
    Proverbs 15:1
  2. Go about your tasks with thankfulness and delight.
    “Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established.”
    Proverbs 16:3
  3. Encourage little ones to be obedient to your instructions.
    “The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame.” Proverbs 29:15
  4. Be diligent in all matters of the home and strive for orderliness.
    “She looketh well to the ways of her household and eateth not the bread of idleness."
    Proverbs 31:27
  5. Manage your time wisely; be not a waster of time.
    “Slothfulness casteth into a deep sleep; and an idle soul shall suffer hunger.”
    Proverbs 19:15
  6. Be not angered by the ways of a child, but take every opportunity to teach him the straight and narrow way.
    “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.” Proverbs 22:6
  7. Put your trust in God, and lean upon His every word.
    “Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.”
    Proverbs 30:5
  8. Seek after the wisdom of God.
    “Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth.” Proverbs 4:5
  9. Happiness affects the entire home, as does the sadness of the heart.
    “A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken.” Proverbs 15:13
    “A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.”
    Proverbs 17:22
  10. Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.”
    Proverbs 18:22

    “House and riches are the inheritance of fathers: and a prudent wife is from the LORD.” Proverbs 19:14


Blessings!
Heather

No comments: