Welcome and Blessings!

Thank you so much for stopping by! I have named this blog "Running to the Cross" because that is what I often find myself doing...running to be with my Lord Jesus! I often cover many aspects of life on my blog, as it is my journal. I used to write things down in all sorts of notebooks, but my writings would soon be lost. So I decided that it was time to start a blog and share my thoughts and ideas with others. Many topics you will find here are prayers, homemaking and organization, children and pregnancy, funny stories, and the challenges of parenting and motherhood. If you enjoy my blog and leave me a comment, you are likely to have me visit! I love meeting others and gleaning from the lives of others. May you be blessed! Your friend in Christ, Heather

Monday, March 26, 2007

What "Running to the Cross" means to me...

I am a sinner,
I need Christ in my life,
I need His Strength,
I need His Refuge,
I need His Forgiveness.
I trust in God,
I believe in God,
I believe that God sent His Son,
I believe that Christ,
being without sin,
died for our sins.
He is my Saviour,
He is my Strength,
He is my Refuge,
and He Forgives...
He forgives me every time I sin
and ask for His forgiveness.
He forgives me EVERY TIME!
He lifts me up to Himself,
and He calls me His child.
I am a child of God!
Me, little ole' me!
A child of the KING OF KINGS!
A child of the LORD OF LORDS!
A child of the Most High God!
The sinner that I am,
a child of God!
I will, therefore,
RUN, RUN to the cross!
I will not walk,
and I will not crawl,
but I will RUN!
Christ died for me!
He shed HIS blood, for me!
Walking is not good enough.
Neither is crawling.
He is my KING!
I will RUN to the cross.
Though it just be in my mind,
I will RUN!
What's better than that?
He didn't just die for me!
He died for you, too!
Will you walk or run?
Our lives are too short to walk to the cross,
we must RUN!
Christ shed HIS blood for our sins!
Every single one of us!
Blessed be the name of the LORD!
Jesus is my LORD of LORDS!
Are you His child?

John 3:16-21
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God."

In Christ Alone,
Heather

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simply wonderful ;). Thank you! Leeann @ www.sereniome.wordpress.com

Mercy said...

Leeann took the words right out of my mouth. That was simply wonderful! I love the way you presented the thought of Running to Jesus for forgivness.

Thank God for His sacrifice for us!

motherofmany said...

Amen and Amen!