Welcome and Blessings!

Thank you so much for stopping by! I have named this blog "Running to the Cross" because that is what I often find myself doing...running to be with my Lord Jesus! I often cover many aspects of life on my blog, as it is my journal. I used to write things down in all sorts of notebooks, but my writings would soon be lost. So I decided that it was time to start a blog and share my thoughts and ideas with others. Many topics you will find here are prayers, homemaking and organization, children and pregnancy, funny stories, and the challenges of parenting and motherhood. If you enjoy my blog and leave me a comment, you are likely to have me visit! I love meeting others and gleaning from the lives of others. May you be blessed! Your friend in Christ, Heather

Monday, March 5, 2007

An Update on Making a Visible Difference

So far I have managed to load and run the dishwasher, and wash some of the dirty dishes. I cleared the kitchen table (which was not on my list, but necessary) and I straightened the school table (also not on my list, but necessary). I put the church clothes on to wash.

Updated: I was able to wash my hair, put away the church clothes, wash & dry my dresses, but I just put whites in the washer (6:30 p.m.). I ran out of energy around 2:00 p.m. partly due to pregnancy, partly due to not sleeping well last night. Dinner plans were changed due to the fact that my husband had an appointment change with a possible customer to 7:00 p.m. tonight and he won't be here for dinner. I am doing the quick & easy thing planned for Saturday. I am hoping to finish the dishes & cut the boys hair, but that may have to wait until tomorrow.

A few things that I didn't mention that I plan to do today are the following:

  1. Wash my hair.*Done*
  2. Fold clean clothes and put away.
  3. Wipe stove down.
  4. Give my boys a haircut.
  5. Clean living room floor & vacuum. I plan to do this tonight before my husband gets home.

Please read the comments in the comment section to see what others are doing.

Thanks for joining me Amy! (Updated: & Nicole --I hope your little one gets to feeling better.) I understand the small space problem. We aren't dealing much with that problem anymore, but we have the too much stuff problem! Too many toys, too many clothes, too many books, too much paper clutter...you get the picture.

2 comments:

motherofmany said...

Well, as with often happens, something goes wrong and the plans are changed. The little boy we sit for sometimes was over, so we needed to accommodate him. We did get to town. I found a really nice dress at the second hand shop, though they didn't have as many clothes as I was hoping to find. We went to Wal-Mart and got diapers, skirts on clearance, material, groceries, and bread. I love their day-old bread rack, because their bakery has 100% whole wheat breads, sourdough breads, and even whole grain bagels and muffins. So we bought a lot to freeze. Then we stopped at Sav-a-lot for canned goods and some produce.

We had a 'cheater' lunch when we got home of fish sticks, which I use as my hurry-up lunch on busy days. Then the little visitor got sick on the table, so we needed to give him a bath, clean the table and floor, and wash the clothes he was wearing. I was very tired very early and went to bed without exercising, showering, or reading my Bible (I think that made me feel sickest of all) and woke up this morning with a pounding headache. I couldn't even open one eye it hurt so badly. So I took some medicine and went back to sleep. We have two with the runs, and one with "stinky burps", so somewhere we picked up the bug. I'm not going to say we got it from our little friends because we may have given it to him!

So my list has turned into a two day list. Here is what I have gotten done during the two days:

Got the shelf up
Washed three loads of dishes, five loads of laundry (need put away)
Took a shower and washed my hair
Washed the filters for the vacuum cleaner
Gave the girls a bath and cut toenails (yuck!)
Fed everyone several times
Put clean linens on the baby's bed
Sorted papers in the living room (nothing filed, though)
Worked with the non-sick children and gave them work to do at the table

Hope to get done today:
Read the book of Numbers
Clear off table and start seeds
Exercise somehow
File papers

runningtothecross said...

Amy,
I am prone to migraine headaches, so I completely understand how you felt this morning. I often say that I'd rather go through the labor of having a baby, than have a migraine headache.

I slowed way down yesterday, lost all my steam, and was unable to finish all of my "tasks". Today, I woke up feeling the very same way, no energy. It is probably due to my pregnancy, but I feel as if I am moving in slow motion today. (And I don't have any sick children.)

Heather