Welcome and Blessings!

Thank you so much for stopping by! I have named this blog "Running to the Cross" because that is what I often find myself doing...running to be with my Lord Jesus! I often cover many aspects of life on my blog, as it is my journal. I used to write things down in all sorts of notebooks, but my writings would soon be lost. So I decided that it was time to start a blog and share my thoughts and ideas with others. Many topics you will find here are prayers, homemaking and organization, children and pregnancy, funny stories, and the challenges of parenting and motherhood. If you enjoy my blog and leave me a comment, you are likely to have me visit! I love meeting others and gleaning from the lives of others. May you be blessed! Your friend in Christ, Heather

Friday, February 23, 2007

Psalm 139:1-18

1 O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me.
2 Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.
3 Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.
4 For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether.
5 Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.
7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
9 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
12 Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.
13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
17 How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
18 If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.

2 comments:

motherofmany said...

Thanks for the note! I'm just getting started in this blog thing as well.

It is funny what we learn by trial and error. I could write several stories of things I did. I'm lucky God was watching over me!

My mother also does not believe in having large families, and it is sad because I wish so much that she and I were more in agreement on spiritual issues. It is hard when she makes comments to the girls about their clothing (pants are more modest than dresses!), their hair (you need a hair cut young lady), or the choice of movies we allow (they will face bad language, burping and farting, and a whole lot of other things you don't like when they grow up).

I cannot say that I am righteous either, though. Sometime this week I plan to post my experiences with a 'midwife' and the results thereof. It would take too long to recount here, so check it out and let me know if you have every faced this problem as well. I did not know a great deal about quivver full philosophy, dresses and long hair, or submitting to husbands until the last three years or so. Now I am on a mission to make sure all young women I know are given the information BEFORE they marry.

I will put your page in my list and visit frequently! God bless,

Amy Brookover

Anonymous said...

I like your background. Isn't it fun when you discover how to change the blogger background? I was elated when I finally found the correct snippet of code. :-D