Welcome and Blessings!

Thank you so much for stopping by! I have named this blog "Running to the Cross" because that is what I often find myself doing...running to be with my Lord Jesus! I often cover many aspects of life on my blog, as it is my journal. I used to write things down in all sorts of notebooks, but my writings would soon be lost. So I decided that it was time to start a blog and share my thoughts and ideas with others. Many topics you will find here are prayers, homemaking and organization, children and pregnancy, funny stories, and the challenges of parenting and motherhood. If you enjoy my blog and leave me a comment, you are likely to have me visit! I love meeting others and gleaning from the lives of others. May you be blessed! Your friend in Christ, Heather

Thursday, June 7, 2007

In the Mood for Cleaning

NOTE: My list keeps growing! Everytime I think of something new to do, I hop on my computer and add to my list! The advantage to this is that I can't lose my list! (O; (O;

School is just about done and I will have a short break before we start up again. And guess what I will be up to? You got it!!! CLEANING!!! And if I have time, I will go on a sewing spree. I don't need to go get the fabric or materials, I just need to sew. I will hopefully get some jumpers sewn up for my 4 lovely daughters, and if I have time I will make a jumper for myself--one for nursing and maternity.

Here is a list of my cleaning tasks so far (you may recognize part of this list because I am copy and pasting it from another post of mine):

Here is my task list so far...
Vacuum girls' bedroom, I have maintained it so it is clean!
Fold laundry in baskets.--->DONE!
Wash ALL sheets and comforters; hang out to dry.
Make ALL beds up again.
Clean master bedroom & vacuum.
Clean upstairs bathroom, sweep & mop.
Scrub bathtub, showers & toilets.
Help boys organize room & vacuum.
Clean & organize living areas (2).
Sweep & mop kitchen floor, thoroughly.
Clean & organize downstairs bathroom.
Clean & organize laundry room.
Clean stairwell to office.
Clean & organize office.
Plan menu--Mondays.
Finish planting tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, green beans & sunflowers.--->Tomatoes, peppers & sunflowers planted!!!
Load and Run dishwasher daily.
Clean out coat closet.
Go through all childrens' shoes.
Clean out master bedroom closet.
Clean out laundry room closet.
Go through dresses in guest room closet.
Clean out and organize closet under stairs in kitchen.
Clean out and organize kitchen cabinets.
Clean out the refrigerators.
SEW, SEW, SEW, SEW!!!!

I am planning on starting this cleaning spree on Saturday. So if you think of me, say a prayer. With this pregnancy and all of them, I tend to get really stiff and sore, so all prayers are greatly coveted!

Blessings!
Heather

7 comments:

Audrey said...

I love the knew look, so easy to browse through now.

Yes I have been in the mood for cleaning. We have been off last and this week. So I have gone room by room cleared everything out waxed and polished the floors and cleaned. We only have 4 more rooms to do and we are done!

Do you have a favorite nursing/maternity pattern that you use? I bought one from Elizabeth Lee Designs but havent sewn it yet.

motherofmany said...

Like the new look!

Have fun nesting!!!!

gentlebreeze said...

Love love love the new look!!!
It's so much easier to navigate I just might look through you archives a little more thoughroughly!!
I would love to be in on your cleaning spree but I'm afraid I can only do a little at a time with a two month old in the house:)A little is better than nothing though isn't it?

Kristi said...

Don't overdo yourself. I'll say a prayer for you now. :)

Love your new header.

~Kristi

Mercy said...

Wow. I take a few days off and come back and everything's changed. I like what you did. :-D

May God give you sustaining energy in order to get all of your goals done.

We've been busy outside our home helping my mom with her hip surgery. So today I started working on some more organizing projects at home. Once we're settled, we'll move back into our weekly cleaning routines.

Someday I'll get to the sewing thing. I'd love to be able to get past my beginning stage so that I might actually make something useful. :-D

Disney for Boys said...

Heather I have missed you!!! I always look on your HSB blog for new posts and I had no idea that you were posting here and not there. Should I add this URL to my blog instead of the other? I don’t want to miss out, you have had so much going on lately and some amazing posts all on things I have really been praying about lately, "Anger, patience and you had prayer requests that I have missed also. I hope all is well now. I am off to try and play catch up with your blog :-)

You have me worn out with your cleaning list, actually I have a pretty hefty one myself to be tackled a little each day. I will be cleaning along side you and posting my progress as well. I will keep you in prayer as you tackle your list!!!

Hugs & Blessings,
Tiany

singinginthemoonlight said...

Hello dear Heather :o)
Your blog looks *beautiful*!
You are so precious; the love of Jesus radiates through your life. Thinking of you and praying for you.
Warmly, Julie

eyesofwonder.net