Welcome and Blessings!

Thank you so much for stopping by! I have named this blog "Running to the Cross" because that is what I often find myself doing...running to be with my Lord Jesus! I often cover many aspects of life on my blog, as it is my journal. I used to write things down in all sorts of notebooks, but my writings would soon be lost. So I decided that it was time to start a blog and share my thoughts and ideas with others. Many topics you will find here are prayers, homemaking and organization, children and pregnancy, funny stories, and the challenges of parenting and motherhood. If you enjoy my blog and leave me a comment, you are likely to have me visit! I love meeting others and gleaning from the lives of others. May you be blessed! Your friend in Christ, Heather

Monday, June 11, 2007

Menu Plan Monday!!!


Today is the DAY!!! That is, Menu Plan Monday. This is the day that I plan my meals for the week. Did I tell you how much it helps me to know what I am fixing for dinner every day? It helps me tremendously!!! This week I may have a guest eating with us every day, so I MUST be prepared. (My dear friend from church is away this week, so her husband may join us for dinner.)

Here's the plan:

  • Monday: Pizza from Wild Wings & Things (Monday Madness Special), raw veggies & salad.
  • Tuesday: Marinated pork roast with potatoes & carrots, rolls, green beans and salad.
  • Wednesday: Mexican Fiesta: Tacos, nachos, burritoes, corn cake, spicy cheese dip, salad.
  • Thursday: Leftovers (or Breakfast) and/or quick and easy meal.
  • Friday: Meatball sandwiches, salad, raw veggies.
  • Saturday: Grilled Hamburgers and Hotdogs, salad, chips.
  • Sunday: Crockpot baked beans, salad or dessert.
There you have it! Would you like to join us this week? If so, hop over to Laura's blog at Organized Junkie and sign up! You won't regret it!!!

Oh, and I have a recipe for those of you that are looking for a new spin on you meal time. I did not use this recipe this week, but with picky eaters I tend to plan things that they don't mind too much. This recipe is delicious and nutritious, anything that you see is low-salt can be replaced with the regular thing (it is just higher in sodium that way). I gave the recipe to Swylv to try, it can be vegetarian or meat can be added to it! Enjoy!

Sesame Broccoli Stir-Fry (with or without chicken)

1 - 2 split chicken breasts, cubed (optional)
1 lb fresh broccoli
2 tsp peanut oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
8 oz. medium mushrooms, quartered
1 red pepper, cut into 1 inch squares
2 T reduced-sodium chicken broth (or water)
2 T reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 T toasted sesame seeds

Chop broccoli, set aside.
Pour peanut oil into wok or nonstick skillet; place over high heat unit hot. Add chicken (optional), garlic, & stir-fry 30 seconds (with the chicken, stir-fry until chicken is thoroughly cooked 8-10 minutes). Add broccoli, mushrooms, and red pepper and stir-fry 2 minutes. Stir in broth, soy sauce, and sesame oil; stir-fry 2 minutes or until most of liquid is evaporated and veggies are crisp-tender. Transfer to serving bowl and toss with toasted sesame seeds.

If you add chicken, cook it first then add veggies.

To toast sesame seeds, put a dry pan on medium heat, add seeds, and stir until seeds start to brown. Careful, as they will be very hot!

This recipe is delicious and can easily go over rice for those who are eating carbs.

Have a great day!
Blessings!
Heather

4 comments:

Swylv said...

Would love your recipe for crockpot baked beans. Thanks

Anonymous said...

yum--thanks so much for posting that recipe. Sounds delicious!! great meal plan.

Sandra said...

Great menu, thanks for sharing.

♥Sandra♥

Menu Plan

Anonymous said...

The stir-fry recipe looks good.