Welcome and Blessings!

Thank you so much for stopping by! I have named this blog "Running to the Cross" because that is what I often find myself doing...running to be with my Lord Jesus! I often cover many aspects of life on my blog, as it is my journal. I used to write things down in all sorts of notebooks, but my writings would soon be lost. So I decided that it was time to start a blog and share my thoughts and ideas with others. Many topics you will find here are prayers, homemaking and organization, children and pregnancy, funny stories, and the challenges of parenting and motherhood. If you enjoy my blog and leave me a comment, you are likely to have me visit! I love meeting others and gleaning from the lives of others. May you be blessed! Your friend in Christ, Heather

Saturday, June 2, 2007

Family Happenings and Needed Prayer

What's going on...

Yesterday our pump went out on our well (thankfully we rent). However, now we are having to run the water constantly to get all the grit out of the water...don't worry, we don't drink the water.
Anyway, now our drains are getting clogged and we have pipes leaking in the cellar! I turned the water off. However, our upstairs toilet won't flush without having it almost run over! I am at my whit's end right now! I need to fill the dishwasher to run it, but I can't because I can't put the filters on the faucet to hook up the dishwasher...by hand it will have to be. I am hoping to wash a bunch of laundry so I am praying that the filters on the washer hold up without getting clogged.

ANYWAY...that's not all...

Needed prayer...

I spoke with my mother today and learned that my sister-in-law's mother may not make it through the weekend. She is refusing food and water, her liver seems to be shutting down, and her body is not passing fluids as it should. My SIL is devastated and remember she is also carrying twins (she is about 24 weeks along). This is extremely stressful for her and stress is not a good thing when you are expecting, especially twins. I am praying that she doesn't go into premature labor. My brother also needs prayer as he tries to support his wife. On Sunday, they will have been married for a year. All prayers are greatly coveted for them right now!

My Youngest Daughter...

As you may remember that less than 2 weeks ago I was asking for prayer for my youngest daughter. Well, today I am asking again. She has a low grade fever...that's it, no other symptoms, but it concerns me. Also, tomorrow is her birthday, she will be two. She is eating and drinking, she just doesn't feel well. I would greatly appreciated anyone who will lift her up in prayer.

Again, all prayers are coveted for these matters.
Blessings!
Heather

3 comments:

motherofmany said...

Prayed and will continue to pray.

Amy

Mrs.Garcia said...

My Family and I will most certainly lift all these prayer request up.
We will continue to pray for you and for your family.
God Bless,
Mrs.Garcia

Audrey said...

Praying for you!