Welcome and Blessings!

Thank you so much for stopping by! I have named this blog "Running to the Cross" because that is what I often find myself doing...running to be with my Lord Jesus! I often cover many aspects of life on my blog, as it is my journal. I used to write things down in all sorts of notebooks, but my writings would soon be lost. So I decided that it was time to start a blog and share my thoughts and ideas with others. Many topics you will find here are prayers, homemaking and organization, children and pregnancy, funny stories, and the challenges of parenting and motherhood. If you enjoy my blog and leave me a comment, you are likely to have me visit! I love meeting others and gleaning from the lives of others. May you be blessed! Your friend in Christ, Heather

Saturday, May 5, 2007

Catching Up...

Update: If you are wondering what I have gotten done, I change the color and cross off each item on my list when it is completed. Every day I am a little step closer to being done.

I am not doing an Emergency Cleaning here, this is a thorough cleaning (like washing laundry & putting away, vacuuming edge to edge when a room has been cleaned--except under the beds in some rooms, organizing toys into baskets, cleaning out and reorganizing closets, dusting, washing all sheets in every room, etc.).


I have company coming over next weekend, so today I am spending the day catching up. I don't know if I will be able to accomplish all that I have listed, but I will continue to work on it throughout the next week. All blogging will be set aside...I will update as I get rooms done, but as for more than that, I will not be around.

Here is my task list so far...

  1. Wash girl's sheets, hang out to dry, make beds.
  2. Clean girl's room & vacuum. Phew!!!
  3. Fold laundry in baskets.
  4. Wash our sheets & guest room sheets, hang out to dry.
  5. Wash our comforter & guest room comforter, hang out to dry.
  6. Make our bed & guest room bed.
  7. Clean my room--ran out of time, just closed door.
  8. Clean guest room & vacuum.
  9. Clean upstairs bathroom--ran out of time, company is using downstairs bathroom.
  10. Scrub bathtub & toilets.
  11. Wash boys' sheets, comforters, hang out to dry.
  12. Make boys' beds.
  13. Clean boys room & vacuum.
  14. Vacuum all rooms when they are done.
  15. Clean living areas (2) daily. S-S-M-T-W-R-F
  16. Clean kitchen.
  17. Mop kitchen floor.
  18. Clean downstairs bathroom.
  19. Clean laundry room--ran out of time, just closed door.
  20. Clean stairwell to office--ran out of time.
  21. Clean office, if time--no time.
  22. Plan menu--Monday.
  23. Get groceries--Saturday (5/5/07).
  24. Finish planting marigolds, petunias, & other flowers--planted all but 8 or so--I had 4 flats of flowers to plant.
  25. Load and Run dishwasher daily. S-S-M-T-W-R-F
  26. Sweep & Mop kitchen again--swept, no time to mop.
All prayers are appreciated as I have not been feeling my best and I tend to stress when I have company coming over.

Blessings!
Heather

No comments: