Update: If you are wondering what I have gotten done, I change the color and cross off each item on my list when it is completed. Every day I am a little step closer to being done.
I am not doing an Emergency Cleaning here, this is a thorough cleaning (like washing laundry & putting away, vacuuming edge to edge when a room has been cleaned--except under the beds in some rooms, organizing toys into baskets, cleaning out and reorganizing closets, dusting, washing all sheets in every room, etc.).
I have company coming over next weekend, so today I am spending the day catching up. I don't know if I will be able to accomplish all that I have listed, but I will continue to work on it throughout the next week. All blogging will be set aside...I will update as I get rooms done, but as for more than that, I will not be around.
Here is my task list so far...
Wash girl's sheets, hang out to dry, make beds. Clean girl's room & vacuum.Phew!!! Fold laundry in baskets. Wash our sheets & guest room sheets, hang out to dry. Wash our comforter & guest room comforter, hang out to dry. Make our bed & guest room bed.
- Clean my room--ran out of time, just closed door.
Clean guest room & vacuum.
- Clean upstairs bathroom--ran out of time, company is using downstairs bathroom.
bathtub& toilets. Wash boys' sheets, comforters, hang out to dry. Make boys' beds. Clean boys room & vacuum.
- Vacuum all rooms when they are done.
- Clean living areas (2) daily. S-S-M-T-W-R-F
- Clean kitchen.
Mop kitchen floor.
- Clean downstairs bathroom.
- Clean laundry room--ran out of time, just closed door.
- Clean stairwell to office--ran out of time.
- Clean office, if time--no time.
Plan menu--Monday. Get groceries--Saturday (5/5/07).
- Finish planting marigolds, petunias, & other flowers--planted all but 8 or so--I had 4 flats of flowers to plant.
- Load and Run dishwasher daily.
S -S -M-T-W-R-F
- Sweep & Mop kitchen again--swept, no time to mop.