Welcome and Blessings!

Thank you so much for stopping by! I have named this blog "Running to the Cross" because that is what I often find myself doing...running to be with my Lord Jesus! I often cover many aspects of life on my blog, as it is my journal. I used to write things down in all sorts of notebooks, but my writings would soon be lost. So I decided that it was time to start a blog and share my thoughts and ideas with others. Many topics you will find here are prayers, homemaking and organization, children and pregnancy, funny stories, and the challenges of parenting and motherhood. If you enjoy my blog and leave me a comment, you are likely to have me visit! I love meeting others and gleaning from the lives of others. May you be blessed! Your friend in Christ, Heather

Thursday, April 5, 2007

Sickness...

Will it ever go away?

I have been sick now for a week. I know that colds hang on longer than most things, but usually I don't feel this poorly for this long. I am not trying to complain...I just want to get better.

Here are my symptoms:

  • greenish-yellow nasal discharge
  • severe pain in my left cheek upon waking
  • headache
  • sinus pressure
  • cough
  • hoarseness
  • can't sleep because when I lay down, the pain in my cheek bothers me and causes a headache
  • I can't smell anything, not even a stinky diaper!
Here is what I am currently taking (I am 18 weeks pregnant):
  • fenugreek & thyme combo for sinus pressure, it thins the mucous
  • garlic, a natural antibiotic
  • Ester C, better than Vitamin C because of the way it digests, it is a free-radical fighter
  • 2 Acetameniphen & 1 Ibuprofen every 4-5 hours, I am aware of the danger of IB, but the pain won't go away without it; my midwife was okay with it
  • Echinacea & Elderberry tea, organic; also has other organic ingredients all safe for pregnancy
If you are reading this and have any other suggestions, please feel free to give them! I am trying not to go to the doctor, but I will if these symptoms persist for too long. I think it may be a sinus infection.

This is my prayer:
LORD, make me well again,
give me strength to heal,
comfort me in my pain,
make me whole again.

I trust your will, O LORD,
I know you can do all things,
Your love surrounds me still,
Give me patience, I know you will.

Thank you LORD, I know you heard me and I know you will answer in your perfect time.
Amen

No comments: