Unfortunately, today didn't go as planned...I ended up with one of my famous migraine headaches (from a sinus infection). However, I was blessed with helpers from church. I had someone here to help with my children and someone here to help with the work that I am behind on since I have been sick with what seems to be a sinus infection. God is good!
Here is what my children did:
- Saxon Math 54, lesson 126
- Spelling-writing sentences for his spelling words (15), we use the Natural Speller for activities & word lists.
- Handwriting-Keach's catechism & supporting Scripture
- Reading-Book about pyramids in ancient Egypt.
- Handwriting-Donna Young's cursive handwriting worksheets.
- Math-free worksheets from another site (on Homeschooling Helps link list): He has already completed Saxon Math 2 for second grade so we are filling in with free printable worksheets until we purchase Saxon Math 3.
- Reading-We are going through Teaching Your Child To Read in 100 Easy Lessons.
My 5 year old and 3 year old are always writing letters, coloring and drawing. My youngest (almost 2) is learning how to repeat words. She can identify most of the parts of her face and she can follow simple instructions.
As we finish up basic math and the like, we will be delving into grammar, science, history and Bible history more thoroughly. We will be schooling through the summer since the baby is due in September.
I hope to have a better day tomorrow!