Welcome and Blessings!

Thank you so much for stopping by! I have named this blog "Running to the Cross" because that is what I often find myself doing...running to be with my Lord Jesus! I often cover many aspects of life on my blog, as it is my journal. I used to write things down in all sorts of notebooks, but my writings would soon be lost. So I decided that it was time to start a blog and share my thoughts and ideas with others. Many topics you will find here are prayers, homemaking and organization, children and pregnancy, funny stories, and the challenges of parenting and motherhood. If you enjoy my blog and leave me a comment, you are likely to have me visit! I love meeting others and gleaning from the lives of others. May you be blessed! Your friend in Christ, Heather

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Note to Self...

As a wife I have certain things that I need to do first thing, this also goes for being a mother. I am feeling better after my weekend battle with the cold, cough & fever, however I am desperately behind in my work. My husband was not able to take over my work while I was sick, so I am beginning today with a list. The first things that I need to REMEMBER to tackle this morning (maybe I should of said today) (O= :

  1. Fold clothes in dryer, & dry clothes in washer.
  2. Lay out hamburger for dinner.
  3. Have older children unload dishwasher first thing this morning.
  4. Load dishwasher as soon as they are done.
  5. Have a before homeschooling speed clean on the floors.
  6. One thing that I didn't mention was washing the clothes that my husband needs for a meeting tonight, they are washed & in the dryer. YEAH!!!
Edited: Things in red are completed.


Short lists are better than no lists. I did not include a devotional time, however reading my Bible is an important time in my day. I don't always read first thing in the morning, maybe I should start...

More Editing to say: I thought I felt better, but when I awoke this morning I felt as if someone hit me in the face with a 2x4 (due to sinus pressure & pain)...called my midwife, she said to breathe some steam from a boiling pot of water, I did that and took some pain medicine and feel much better. Hopefully it will last! I'm praying for continued relief!

Blessings!
Heather

2 comments:

Mercy said...

Hey Heather!
Glad that you're feeling better. It is so hard sometimes to get back into the swing of things after being sick. Having the list really does help! I've been keeping my list pretty ordinary right now, because I'm just now finnishing grandpas book. I guess it took me a little longer than expected & it can be discouraging. Anyway, I love that you're being honest and starting with a simple list. That's the only way I can work when I've been out of it & I'm overwhelmed. :-D

May God bless you & your home.
~Mercy~

Mercy said...

by the way, I've never made homemade hamburger buns. Do you just make little rolls? That's neat! I'm hoping for a bread machine here soon. I used to make bread from scratch, but I haven't for a little while.

Next week, I'm planning to get in and organize my home a bit. Then, after that, I am so anxious to get back into the kitchen more.

And, after reading your post about making your dd a dress, I got out my old sewing book...I may just start here one of these days soon. :-D

Thanks for the inspiration!