Welcome and Blessings!

Thank you so much for stopping by! I have named this blog "Running to the Cross" because that is what I often find myself doing...running to be with my Lord Jesus! I often cover many aspects of life on my blog, as it is my journal. I used to write things down in all sorts of notebooks, but my writings would soon be lost. So I decided that it was time to start a blog and share my thoughts and ideas with others. Many topics you will find here are prayers, homemaking and organization, children and pregnancy, funny stories, and the challenges of parenting and motherhood. If you enjoy my blog and leave me a comment, you are likely to have me visit! I love meeting others and gleaning from the lives of others. May you be blessed! Your friend in Christ, Heather

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Homeschool Week, Day 4



Nothing too exciting today.

4th Grader:

  • Math: Saxon Math 54, Lesson 129-Dividing by Two-Digit Numbers, Part 1
  • Handwriting: Keach's catechism: Question 20. Did all mankind fall in Adam's first transgression? He is writing the supporting scripture: Romans 5:12, 18, 19
  • Spelling: Write out words for new spelling list.
  • Reading/History: He did today's reading yesterday.
2nd Grader:
  • Reading/Phonics: Lesson 90 & 91 in Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons.
  • Math: Worksheets.
  • Handwriting: Donna Youngs cursive handwriting worksheets.
Life Lessons for Today:
  • I had some more help from church today...Lesson learned: the Church caring for the members of its Body. (Christ is the Head, the members are the Body.)
  • Both of the boys are playing a chess game on the computer, right now: Logic.
  • Later on today, they are supposed to go and help our landlord plant trees for his mini-nursery: Science.
  • My oldest son also was able to see one of our cats having kittens today: Animal Life.
Our focus for May, when my oldest son is done with Math 54, will be on science (gardening, insect life, etc.), art (drawing nature, science journal, and design), grammar (Shurley English--we have had a break from it, it will basically replace the time we are spending in math), Bible/History (starting at Cain & Abel). Many days will be spent under the shade tree at the back of the property...we will be doing most of our lessons outside in May.

Have a blessed day!
Heather

No comments: