Welcome and Blessings!

Thank you so much for stopping by! I have named this blog "Running to the Cross" because that is what I often find myself doing...running to be with my Lord Jesus! I often cover many aspects of life on my blog, as it is my journal. I used to write things down in all sorts of notebooks, but my writings would soon be lost. So I decided that it was time to start a blog and share my thoughts and ideas with others. Many topics you will find here are prayers, homemaking and organization, children and pregnancy, funny stories, and the challenges of parenting and motherhood. If you enjoy my blog and leave me a comment, you are likely to have me visit! I love meeting others and gleaning from the lives of others. May you be blessed! Your friend in Christ, Heather

Thursday, April 5, 2007

Let Go, and Let God...

What does this phrase mean or say to you?

Let go and let God...

To me it says, give it ALL to God. Not just part of it, ALL of it. Whatever it is...give it to Him! Do you think that passing something over to God is forgetting about it? NO!!! Absolutely not! It is simply releasing yourself from a burden upon your heart and trusting that God will take care of it. Maybe He will answer your prayers today, maybe next week, maybe next year... I do know one thing, He will answer in His perfect timing and according to His will.

God...Answering Prayers.
I remember many years ago, when I was yet a child, and I prayed that God would help my father to stop smoking. I prayed and I prayed. Over a year later, He answered. He helped my dad to stop smoking. He smoked for 20 years, my mother prayed for him for years, and one day....way down the road, God answered. I can look back and know that it was all God's doing. I let go and let God...

Another Example of God's Mighty Works...
I was so blessed yesterday while conversing with my midwife. I had asked her some questions about infertility because I have several friends who have been experiencing this problem. She told me that there were really no answers, but she told me a story of a dear woman, we will call her Ann, who desperately wanted a child. Ann had been to the doctor about the problem several times and finally he told her that she would NEVER have children. Others had advised her that she just had to RELAX and then she would get pregnant. Ann thought she was relaxing, but her heart still ached with the emptiness she felt with no child.

So she began to pursue adoption, they were just about ready to proceed with an adoption when once again she was disappointed, the adoption fell through. Ann and her husband soon found another child to adopt, a child from China so they proceeded with the adoption and were successful. Ann was thrilled, and then she received a call from the adoption agency again. Another child, domestic, was being put up for adoption. The agency called to tell her that if she wanted to see her baby born, then she should get to the hospital right now! So she and her husband hurried to the hospital, and Ann was handed her new baby girl. God is so amazing! The children they adopted were within 3 months of one another! Ann was thinking a boy and a girl, PERFECT!

But this is not the end. Ann later found out that she, yes SHE was PREGNANT! The doctor said it was impossible, but God had other plans and He blessed! Ann was overjoyed she now had 3 children 1 1/2 years and younger...she was a busy, but blessed mommy.

A year later Ann found out that she was pregnant again...another miracle! She delivered another healthy baby and then the adoption agency called again. The birth mother of the (domestic) child they had adopted had requested that Ann and her husband be the adoptive parents of her 2nd child as well!

Just a few years earlier, Ann was desperate for a child. Now in just 3 1/2 years, God has given her 5 children (all under the age of 3 1/2).

Conclusion
God hears our prayers. He listen and He discerns. He looks at our hearts and the hearts of our spouses. He looks for contentment with what you already have.

I know, many times, that I have found myself discontent with what God has given me. I have looked around and said, "But you gave so & so this, I am just as good as them. Why can't I have what they have?" When I finally accept the wonderful things that God has given me, and find myself content with them...then and only then does God shower blessings upon me. He gives me what my heart was longing for.

Have you, "Let go, and let God?"

May you be blessed as God speaks to your heart today!
Heather