Welcome and Blessings!

Thank you so much for stopping by! I have named this blog "Running to the Cross" because that is what I often find myself doing...running to be with my Lord Jesus! I often cover many aspects of life on my blog, as it is my journal. I used to write things down in all sorts of notebooks, but my writings would soon be lost. So I decided that it was time to start a blog and share my thoughts and ideas with others. Many topics you will find here are prayers, homemaking and organization, children and pregnancy, funny stories, and the challenges of parenting and motherhood. If you enjoy my blog and leave me a comment, you are likely to have me visit! I love meeting others and gleaning from the lives of others. May you be blessed! Your friend in Christ, Heather

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

These are busy times...

If you haven't noticed, I haven't been around much. This week (and last) has been full of (you guessed it) busyness!

On the 4th of July we went to one of our church family's home for an Independence Day Celebration. Unfortunately it rained from dinnertime on.

Thursday I went to get some bloodwork done...I am still anemic. So, I am taking 2 T of liquid chlorophyll, barley green powder in a mangosteen juice, 2 T blackstrap molasses before bed, Ester-C, pregnancy tea with extra alfalfa & nettle and today I ordered more stuff to take. Mainly more liquid chlorophyll, liquid B-Complex with iron, and Ester-C. I will get my hematocrit level up. I also learned of another iron booster and that is 1/2 cup grape juice with 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper; not only is this supposed to give you energy, but it is supposed to boost your iron levels in your blood. Interesting!

Sunday, we brought a meal to a family that just had a new baby. We visited for quite some so when we arrived home that evening I was quite exhausted.

Monday, I had an ultrasound. No, I didn't find out the gender of the baby, we were only checking out the anatomy. We wanted to make sure that the baby did not have any visible congenital defects because our state is cracking down on the lay midwives and I wanted to make sure baby was healthy enough to be born at home.

Tomorrow is my second youngest daughter's birthday. She will be four years old!!!

And on Thursday, my brother in law is coming back for a weekend visit.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I feel a little like this puppy dog that just keeps running!

So as you can imagine, I am feeling quite overwhelmed...I may be back next week, who knows? Summertime is always a busy time. Soon I will be picking cherry tomatoes from my garden. I can tell you already that I planted too many cherry tomato plants!!! Too bad I can't share the cherry tomatoes with you!

Anyway, there is my update! I hope to be back to normal blogging soon, but for now, this will just have to do!

Blessings!
Heather

5 comments:

Swylv said...

wow so four years between your youngest...

also interesting about the grape juice and cayenne pepper...I take my grape juice with seltzer water...it's like grape soda.

hope to see you posting when things are not so bizzy.

Mercy said...

I was wondering about you. But, I know how life can grab a hold of us. I've been there where you just feel like you're running and there's no stopping ahead!

I can't believe all that you take. That's amazing. Does it make you sick while you're pregnant? Looks healthy though!!

And, just curious, why didn't you find out the gender? I figure if you're in there anyway, why not? But, that's me.

I would LOVE to have your cherry tomatoes!!!!! I miss having a garden. I did plant a little tomato plant in an outdoor planter a few weeks ago. We'll see if I get ANY! I'm surprised it has survived this heat. :o)

Take care Heather,
Mercy

Amity said...

Hi Heather
I hear ya about being busy!!! WE are busy around here to not to mention that the baby could come anytime:-)
Thanks for adding me to your prayer list I really appreciate.

(((hugs)))

Amity

Disney for Boys said...

I hope you are finding some resting time in the middle of all the busyness :-)

Happy birthday to your little one!

BellaMama said...

That's great all you're doing for iron!! With all those "greens" don't forget to drink plenty of water to rehydrate it and do it's work in you. I've also read that too much juice (it mighta been orange, but I generalize) can cause you to not have enough milk. I have about a cup of oats with my molasses, just another way with the benefits of more calcium from the oats as well as more high quality milk for baby. As far as your contractions, I did away with the pain of mine (for #5). Please visit my page to know how! :) Your site is a HUGE encouragement, and I have yet to read more than this post!! Blessings.