Welcome and Blessings!

Thank you so much for stopping by! I have named this blog "Running to the Cross" because that is what I often find myself doing...running to be with my Lord Jesus! I often cover many aspects of life on my blog, as it is my journal. I used to write things down in all sorts of notebooks, but my writings would soon be lost. So I decided that it was time to start a blog and share my thoughts and ideas with others. Many topics you will find here are prayers, homemaking and organization, children and pregnancy, funny stories, and the challenges of parenting and motherhood. If you enjoy my blog and leave me a comment, you are likely to have me visit! I love meeting others and gleaning from the lives of others. May you be blessed! Your friend in Christ, Heather

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Back Online...but no Time.

Busyness has struck again.

I am having a tough time keeping up with the housecleaning, my son's birthday is coming up (so is mine), and I STILL haven't gotten things to the point where I can start school again.

We replaced the hard drive on our computer, SOOO that means that everything that I had installed on my computer has to be reinstalled. We have to go hunting on the old drive to find all of our pictures and documents, if it will let us. I am very frustrated with the computer right now, almost to the point that I avoid it.

I am dreading the idea of rescanning all of our school stuff back on the computer. I am hoping to be able to write up the rest of my birth stories soon, but things haven't allowed me to yet.

And another thing....I have this incredible itch to sew!!! Last night I made my oldest daughter a tiered skirt from an old pair of jeans. I cut off the legs & crotch of the jeans and added two tiers to the bottom of it. I finished it off with a sash that is used as a belt and tied in a bow in the front. It was adorable!!! Then I decided to cut out another jumper for myself and start sewing it up! What is wrong with me!!!! ;OD I must be suffering from sewing sickness!!!

Anyway...stay tuned, maybe a birth stories will pop out of these sewing fingers soon! *wink, smile, wink*

Have a great day anyway!!!
Blessings!
Heather

3 comments:

Audrey said...

Ahhhh....sewing sickness. It must be in the air because I have started three quilts, I have a jumper to finish and mail out AND I have a knew style of dress to sew up and add to the store ;-)All within the past week.

Like I have nothing else to do. Perhaps I am delusional and thinking I am 75 with no children at home.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your computer troubles. I love my computer but absolutely hate it when it doesn't work right..it's so frustrating!

It's too bad we don't live closer..I have a sewing machine but no idea on how to use it!

gentlebreeze said...

Yes sewing sickness!! I think it's a need to create something tangible not like cleaning that gets undone within no time!!