Welcome and Blessings!

Thank you so much for stopping by! I have named this blog "Running to the Cross" because that is what I often find myself doing...running to be with my Lord Jesus! I often cover many aspects of life on my blog, as it is my journal. I used to write things down in all sorts of notebooks, but my writings would soon be lost. So I decided that it was time to start a blog and share my thoughts and ideas with others. Many topics you will find here are prayers, homemaking and organization, children and pregnancy, funny stories, and the challenges of parenting and motherhood. If you enjoy my blog and leave me a comment, you are likely to have me visit! I love meeting others and gleaning from the lives of others. May you be blessed! Your friend in Christ, Heather

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Babies & Birthdays

First off, I want to offer my congratulations to Amity at Keeping our Hearts at Home! Congratulations on you new little boy! Such a sweet and precious baby!


Yesterday, we celebrated my oldest son's birthday by having 5 families over, and it was a surprise if you hadn't guessed. We had 18 children running around here (including our children) and 20 guests in all. It was a success and I think my son was surprised! He is now officially in his double digits, the BIG 10!!! Wow! I finally have a 10-year-old!!!
And, lastly...Today is my birthday! I am celebrating 34 years today. I am very thankful for each and every year that the good LORD has given me. I was born on my grandmother's birthday, 34 years ago and each year I think of her as I celebrate my birthday without her. She was a victim of cancer in 1992, but my memories still bring me joy!

She made sure my mother had me on her birthday. She made my mother walk up and down the street many, many times on July 27, 1973. I wasn't due until July 30, but she wasn't taking, "NO," for an answer. My mother went home that evening, I am sure exhausted, and just as she drifted off into sleep her labor began...sometime around midnight. I was born on my grandmother's birthday just as she had planned! I was blessed to know her for the first 19 years of my life and I will never, ever, ever forget her!


Blessings!

Heather

3 comments:

Mercy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!

Sounds like you had a great time with your son's surprise birthday. My son is 7 and it has gone by soo fast! He's so tall that I am actually amazed that is is still only 7. These kids really do grow up before we know it.

Good to hear from you.
Hope your birthday was wonderful!

Take care,
Mercy

Audrey said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

When Devon turned 10 I was realy in shock for a good few days. It just had to sink in I guess. Now I have an 11 and 10 year old.

Blessings
Audrey

motherofmany said...

YEAH!!!!!!!! Happy Birthday!

PS- could you hold the baby in an extra 3 days and have it on my birthday? I'd appreciate it. ;)