Welcome and Blessings!

Thank you so much for stopping by! I have named this blog "Running to the Cross" because that is what I often find myself doing...running to be with my Lord Jesus! I often cover many aspects of life on my blog, as it is my journal. I used to write things down in all sorts of notebooks, but my writings would soon be lost. So I decided that it was time to start a blog and share my thoughts and ideas with others. Many topics you will find here are prayers, homemaking and organization, children and pregnancy, funny stories, and the challenges of parenting and motherhood. If you enjoy my blog and leave me a comment, you are likely to have me visit! I love meeting others and gleaning from the lives of others. May you be blessed! Your friend in Christ, Heather

Monday, September 24, 2007

Monday Meanderings

This is the first time for me to do this, but with everything that is coming up, I must start somewhere.

First of all, my mother and father-in-law are coming for a visit in October, so I greatly desire to have things somewhat in order when they come. This past weekend was quite productive for me as I had to clean out my refrigerator because my dear sweet hubby got me a new one (a new used refrigerator, that is) for $150. I had to not only clean out my refrigerator, but I also got to clean UNDER my refrigerator. That is like something that NEVER happens!!! So I felt quite accomplished with that ONE task behind me.

Secondly, in order to get the refrigerator in the house, I had to move some furniture around in the living room to get it in the front door (one we don't use since it is 10 feet from a busy "country" intersection...trust me, people don't even stop for the stop sign half the time!). So to make a long story short, I had to clean out from under my couch.


Thirdly, my son decided to help me clean up the girl's room so we could move my 2-year-old's toddler bed in there. Instead of asking me first, he decided to start it on his own right before nap time!!! How did he do it you ask? Well, he dumped out ALL of the tubs of toys and these are not small tubs, mind you!!! We are talking about a BIG, HUMONGOUS MESS of all messes!!!

So, to make a long story short, three things happened this weekend alone:

  1. My refrigerator got cleaned out and replaced.
  2. My couch was relieved of all the toys underneath it.
  3. My daughter's bedroom was thoroughly cleaned and organized...although I had to clean it up AGAIN today after they had turned it upside down again!!!

A few things that have happened in the last few weeks since baby was born are:

  1. My room was cleaned with the exception of a few things on the dressers.
  2. My kitchen was thoroughly cleaned.
  3. My laundry room was cleaned up.
  4. My husband made a dent in cleaning the office.

As far as this week is concerned, here are my current goals:

Bible Study/Devotions:

  • Read Bible each morning.

"Must Do" ~ This week I "Must":

  • Keep up on the kitchen duties.
  • Finish mopping the kitchen floor (I mop it in sections).
  • Catch up on laundry.
  • Try to start exercising again.
  • Homeschool my children every day.

Zone:

  • Tidy up both bathrooms.

To Train Up a Child:

  • Homeschooling.
  • Homekeeping ~ Learning to serve others as Christ served us.
  • We have Family Worship each evening with Dad leading. We have been reading through Judges and discussing the character of Noah.
  • God told Noah to, "Make thee an ark of gopher wood: rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch." Genesis 6:14 "Thus did Noah; according to all that God commanded him, so did he." Genesis 6:22 Noah displayed an attitude of obedience, not questioning God, but simply obeying His command. We have been encouraging our children to have the obedience of Noah.

Menu Planning ~ I have been planning my meals for several months now and it has made an incredible difference for me. With the exception of a couple of weeks after I had my baby girl, I have been able to "keep up" with planning a menu. My menu post is just below this post.

I believe that is all that I will try to tackle this week. If you would like to join us for Monday Meanderings you can sign up HERE!!!

Have a blessed day!

Heather





3 comments:

Michele said...

Hi Heather This is my first Monday Meanderings too :) Congratulations to your family on your new blessing... It seems you have your hands full, but children are such blessings, I have 4 of my own :) I also see you like to sew... I do too! I am going to check out some of your links on your sidebar.

Have a wonderful week!
Michele

http://some1totalkto.blogspot.com

gentlebreeze said...

joining you!!!!I have alot of must do's this week too!!

Disney for Boys said...

Heather, you are so very busy!! I do hope you have been able to get lots accomplished! :-)

I love the graphic you made it is so pretty!!! I am going to fix the links on my blog tonight so you can get the code if you still nee it.

I hope all is well with you and yours! I think about you often!

Hugs~
Tiany