Welcome and Blessings!

Thank you so much for stopping by! I have named this blog "Running to the Cross" because that is what I often find myself doing...running to be with my Lord Jesus! I often cover many aspects of life on my blog, as it is my journal. I used to write things down in all sorts of notebooks, but my writings would soon be lost. So I decided that it was time to start a blog and share my thoughts and ideas with others. Many topics you will find here are prayers, homemaking and organization, children and pregnancy, funny stories, and the challenges of parenting and motherhood. If you enjoy my blog and leave me a comment, you are likely to have me visit! I love meeting others and gleaning from the lives of others. May you be blessed! Your friend in Christ, Heather

Monday, July 7, 2008

After the Storm...

My miscarriage is over... and yes, I did miscarry. Today the pregnancy test that I took was negative. After such a long struggle with this miscarriage (not knowing if I was going to miscarry), I am relieved that it is OVER.

But I went through the storm after I started miscarrying...

You see, my almost 5-year-old daughter came down sick last week...very sick. She began running a very high fever on Tuesday (about 103.5 degrees). Earlier the week before she had complained of painful urination...then, with this fever she complained about her back hurting, and she wanted me to come with her to the bathroom. I started giving her cranberry juice immediately and I tried giving her a pain reliever to get the fever down, but she couldn't keep the fever reducer down. The cranberry juice also upset her tummy...so she was also throwing up. I tried giving her garlic in applesauce (because it is good for infection, garlic that is)... but that also upset her tummy.

I finally was able to get her fever down and once I did she began eating Multigrain Cheerios like she had never eaten in her life! But to no avail, the fever came back. However, it left on Wednesday again. She slept peacefully that night and I found some relief hoping that the storm was over...

but it wasn't.

Thursday it began again...with a vengeance. She woke up from her nap with another high fever. I again started giving her a fever reducer, but it spiked Thursday night and would not budge. So, after trying to go to bed that night, I found myself going downstairs with my daughter and being stirred every 30 minutes to take her to the bathroom...

(I had been searching online for answers earlier that week and found that she probably had a kidney infection...)

Friday morning came too soon as I did NOT sleep at all that night...nor did she. So, I began my search in the yellow pages for a doctor (we didn't have one here yet). It seemed forever to wait until 9 a.m. (on a holiday) to get to talk to a receptionist about an appointment, but I finally did and I made an appointment.

The doctor checked her all over...the also had me collect a urine sample from my daughter (she didn't even pee on me! ...I know, more info than you needed to know). Anyway, (O; there was a LOT of blood in her urine, she had an ear infection (that had not been detected by me) and her fever was 100.6 degrees. So with the ear infection and urinary tract (possibly kidney) infection, she was quite a sick one. The scary part was when the doctor told me that if she didn't get better from the antibiotic in 2 days, that she would have to be admitted to the hospital...because kidney infections don't usually respond well to Augmentim.

Well, so far she is better and it has been 4 days! Praise the LORD!!!

My daughter has NEVER taken any antibiotics, so that is probably why she responded so well to it, but the credit should be given exclusively to the LORD!!! I am amazed that every day she awakes, she is fever free and happy. She is still exhausted from the ordeal, as her naptime has been longer than usual and she has NO problem falling asleep, but I am extremely grateful that she is better.

I am resting in the LORD's strength...
He is my comfort,
He is my hope,
He gives and He takes away,
Thank you for giving me my daughter's health, LORD!
Thank you!

With tear in my eyes,
I bid my farewell!

Blessings friend!
Put you trust in the LORD!

Heather

3 comments:

motherofmany said...

Oh, my friend.....

Leanne said...

I need reminders to trust...

When my trust is shaken and I'm still a bit confused.

I'm so glad your daughter is feeling better!

And I'm so glad you can give all the glory to God for giving health, in the midst of His taking away.

I'll keep your admonition to trust close to my heart.

I'll work harder at it!

Leanne in Longview

BellaMama said...

I rest in this and know our babies are playing together and worshipping The King!
"But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God." Luke 18:16

I know that I bless the Lord, for had I not miscarried, I would not have my wonderful and blessing of a first child!! ALL THINGS work together for GOOD!!

Praise the Lord your daughter is better!! I'll be praying for all of you!!
May your blessings and joy in the Lord abound!
Mrs.C.