Welcome and Blessings!

Thank you so much for stopping by! I have named this blog "Running to the Cross" because that is what I often find myself doing...running to be with my Lord Jesus! I often cover many aspects of life on my blog, as it is my journal. I used to write things down in all sorts of notebooks, but my writings would soon be lost. So I decided that it was time to start a blog and share my thoughts and ideas with others. Many topics you will find here are prayers, homemaking and organization, children and pregnancy, funny stories, and the challenges of parenting and motherhood. If you enjoy my blog and leave me a comment, you are likely to have me visit! I love meeting others and gleaning from the lives of others. May you be blessed! Your friend in Christ, Heather

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Trying Tuesday...

As I sit here and nurse my baby, I thought I would type up a post real quick.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



As I have said before, I am preparing this week for company and in my last post I listed the zones for each day. Well, I am here to tell you that I am behind! I thought it might be possible for me to get the kitchen all clean and tidy yesterday, but that proved impossible. As usual, I have planned too much work for myself! And for those of you who wonder, "How do I do it ALL?" Well, honestly, I don't! Things NEVER go as planned. I don't get up early enough, I don't get started on time, and I don't get it all done.

Last night, after thinking I would get the kitchen all clean and tidy after the children went to bed, I crashed on the couch! Yes, crashed and woke up wondering why I ever try to plan anything after the children's bedtime! So, here I am thinking AGAIN that I will clean up the kitchen, tweak the living room and clean up the kid's living room! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketYep, just knock me over the head now! I'll probably not get it done AGAIN tonight! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketHEY...I've got an idea! Anyone out there in the mood for a cleaning spree? Let's have a race! (O;

No seriously, if there is anyone out there who would like to join me and keep me accountable for my daily zones let me know! It might just be the boost I need!


URGENT PRAYER REQUEST!!!
On another note....PLEASE keep Amy at Blessed Motherhood in prayer! Her husband is sick and in the hospital so please pray with me for his speedy recovery! And don't forget to pray for Amy as she takes care of her children and the home!

Blessings!
Heather

2 comments:

Mercy said...

I am usually up for this type of thing, but I'm telling you my pregnancy has me thrown for a loop. I AM making progress with getting some organizing & decluttering done, but my cleaning standard has gone down quite a bit during this season.

I will be praying for you though. (and Amy too)

~Mercy

BellaMama said...

It seems as if we were bitten by the cleaning/organizing bug too! I read your entry and thought I'd let you know I was working right along side you!! Remember, Start early, don't let yourself say "no" and when the family comes...it's just a house, make their stay more pleasant so that is what's remembered!! Enjoy the time and peace and blessings to you!!