here is a quick update...
- Well, the whirlwind is still going around here. Homeschooling has picked up to full speed again and you can tell it! My house has been neglected, so today is catch-up day. I have been running circles today. I am in the mood to purge, but don't know how much I will get done yet.
- About two weeks ago, we went through a spell of sickness, but everyone is well again.
- Lately I have been getting my scripture reading in with my younger daughters at naptime. We are reading in the Old Testament. They usually fall asleep during the reading, but it is mainly for me anyway. I have also been reading to my school-age children in the New Testament. So I may get through the Bible in a year afterall! YEAH!
- Baby girl has not been sleeping well at night, so I have found myself staying up very late with a screaming baby and sleeping a lot on the couch downstairs. This reminds me of when I had my first daughter...she liked to stay up late at night screaming too.
- I have been trying to lose these extra baby pounds and so far I have lost 9 pounds. I am still trying to incorporate exercise into my day, but I usually don't do it until 10 p.m.!!! Yes, I can still sleep!!! I am thrilled about my weight loss and plan to continue trying to get this extra baby weight off my body so I can look good for my husband (who works very hard to provide for our ever-growing family).
- I have realized that part of the reason why I picked up blogging was because of the friendships that I had gained! However, I have recently been blessed with some new friendships from my church family (with a family who just started attending our church). To make a long story short, this dear friend of mine has been visiting me quite often (at my home) and blessing my home with laughter and 4 more small feet!!! When she comes my home is often turned wonderfully upside down!!!
- Dear friends, I want to encourage you to do the same...Make some good friends with young mothers at your church...invite them into your home (even if it isn't perfect) and expect to be greatly blessed with the kinship you will find!!! I have certainly been blessed!!!
Here are some recent pictures of baby girl:
Anyway, the house is crying out my name again!
Busily blessed with busyness!!!