Welcome and Blessings!

Thank you so much for stopping by! I have named this blog "Running to the Cross" because that is what I often find myself doing...running to be with my Lord Jesus! I often cover many aspects of life on my blog, as it is my journal. I used to write things down in all sorts of notebooks, but my writings would soon be lost. So I decided that it was time to start a blog and share my thoughts and ideas with others. Many topics you will find here are prayers, homemaking and organization, children and pregnancy, funny stories, and the challenges of parenting and motherhood. If you enjoy my blog and leave me a comment, you are likely to have me visit! I love meeting others and gleaning from the lives of others. May you be blessed! Your friend in Christ, Heather

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Have I told you how busy life is?

I'm sure that I have! This school year has been extremely challenging and busy!!!

As far as the pregnancy... things are going well!

I did get to see the baby at 14 weeks by ultrasound due to an unfortunate trip to the ER for bleeding in December, but everything looked good and the doctor really had no clue as to what happened. But our holiday season was extremely busy and I DID overdo it. I made dress-up princess outfits for my 5 little princesses (a "gift" from my MIL...she bought the fabric and I sewed up the outfits).

Just yesterday I delivered our homeschool portfolios to the Public School Superintendent... Boy! I never knew that making a portfolio of school work was so time consuming!!! But I did it and now I just have to wait to see if it is acceptable. I'll tell you what I did learn... ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS file things away so that the children cannot get into their schoolwork. I have a daughter who just loved going into her school folder and snatching things.

But I did come up with a system. I have one of those $20 paper organizers from Sam's Club that I stash the children's school work in now. For now, my daughter hasn't figured out that I have done this, but when she does I will have to put this filing system up higher than she can reach.

She was enamored with the fact that I was making a portfolio of her work and I had to be really firm with her that she was NOT going to get into it. She didn't, thankfully.

I am so thankful for all of your sweet comments lately! They just keep coming in from time to time and they make me smile! For those who are new readers... sorry I haven't dropped by yet, I just don't have the time, but eventually (hopefully) I will get the time.

We just cancelled our Satellite service, partly due to the addiction that our children have to the TV and partly due to the financial burden it places upon our family. I'm fine with it, it just means that I will be making more time for Bible reading, sewing, meal planning, and all those other things that I have intended to get to.

My brain is hurting from thoughts of gardening!!! I want to start tilling the ground NOW!!!! I am so itching to get outside and pull weeds and plan my garden for this year. Last year was sort of a flop, but that was due to my hesistancy to plant not knowing what the deer were going to eat. Now I know where to plant things and I CAN'T WAIT TO GET OUT THERE!!!! But much of the work will have to be done by my boys and hubby as I am not allowed to do the heavy work due to my last pregnancy with the early delivery.

Anywho, my time is up!

TTYL!!!
BLESSINGS!!!!
Heather

No comments: