Today is our first official day of school (actually second, but first day with baby!).
I am going to be typing out my journey throughout the day. You may have to come back several times to see the updates (if I get to them) throughout the day.
Here is what my day looks like so far...
- 4:00 a.m. Baby girl wakes up and starts nursing while I am still in bed.
- 4:30 a.m. I get up because baby girl is awake and wiggly...she also needs a diaper change. After diaper change I plant myself on the couch and nurse her to sleep (as well as myself...nursing makes me extremely sleepy!).
- 6:30 a.m. 5-year-old girl is up and running around...I am still groggy and on the couch.
- 7:15 a.m Hubby is up making coffee.
- 7:30 a.m. I get up (from the couch), get dressed, and start making lunch for my hubby and his apprentice (since they will be gone today). I also made my hubby a breakfast sandwich to take along.
- 8:00 a.m. Change diapers and then I nurse and get breakfast for children (yes, both at the same time!).
- 8:30 a.m. Still nursing (she likes to nurse for a long time), and I eat breakfast & have my coffee.
- 9:00 a.m. Blog time & cuddle time with baby until she falls asleep for morning nap.
- 9:30 a.m Clean-up & get ready for school.
- 10:00 a.m. First load of laundry in washer & start school. Change diapers, if needed.
- 11:00 a.m. Things not going as planned...printed up some things from Tapestry of Grace, "The Loom" CD, & gather the children to clean up mess they made.
- 12:00 p.m. Baby girl wakes to nurse.
- 12:15 p.m. Gather children around the table for lunch.
- 1:00 p.m. Clean up lunch mess.
- 1:30 p.m. Change diapers & potty time. Take younger girls up for nap & sit with them until they sleep & nurse baby. Also work with other children on math/handwriting upstairs while girls going to sleep.
- 3:30 p.m. Nursed baby & she is finally asleep!!! If she is not sleeping, she wants to be held or nursed!
- 4:00 p.m. Planned weekly menu. It took forever to get baby settled down and girls to sleep...and the idea of having the boys do math during nap time didn't work either! With tears and frustration, I am at my whit's end! Oh, and the girls just got up from their nap!!!
- 4:10 p.m. Load dishwasher, wash dishes, start dinner, and pray while doing so.
- I will end at this, as I feel that today was very unproductive and the more I write, the more frustrated I feel.
Stay tuned as I will be adding more as I get it done!