Welcome and Blessings!

Thank you so much for stopping by! I have named this blog "Running to the Cross" because that is what I often find myself doing...running to be with my Lord Jesus! I often cover many aspects of life on my blog, as it is my journal. I used to write things down in all sorts of notebooks, but my writings would soon be lost. So I decided that it was time to start a blog and share my thoughts and ideas with others. Many topics you will find here are prayers, homemaking and organization, children and pregnancy, funny stories, and the challenges of parenting and motherhood. If you enjoy my blog and leave me a comment, you are likely to have me visit! I love meeting others and gleaning from the lives of others. May you be blessed! Your friend in Christ, Heather

Monday, August 11, 2008

Another addition to my "Thought of the Day"

Where there's water, there's children, and where there's water and children, there is mischief and MUD!!!

Yes, Mrs. C, we have discovered MUD...not to mention holes in the ground, dug by my dear sweet children...

Directions: Dig BIG hole...fill with water...mix well...and play...get really dirty with the mud that you have made...add Mom to the mix...she's frantic by the way...get hose & turn on water...spray dirty children well...run really warm bath (because by now we have goosebumps, shivers, and blue lips)...put children in bath...2 at a time...wash WELL...provide children with clean, dry clothes, turn movie on, lock in house....take wet muddy clothes (that have been rinsed out well...outside)...put in washer...wash on extra dirty cycle with detergent & oxyclean...dry in dryer (to get sand completely out of clothes)...now, MOM...sit down and enjoy movie with children...by now they are snuggling in blankets and don't EVER want to touch mud again!!! until they dig the next hole!!!

When children have all gone to bed, write your story in your journal and remember it forever...don't forget to share it with your children when they are grown!

Blessings!
Heather

2 comments:

Akprestons said...

I love your blog! and what a sweet, absolutely adorable 'how-to mud it up' description!!


Lord Bless you & your precious family,

Jessica Preston

BellaMama said...

I was laughing the whole time I was reading this!! I guess our days seem to be similar!

Have a great Sunday!
Blessings,
Mrs. C.